Day 33 - Write a True Story!
Today for our Creative Writing exercise we are asking you to write a true story. True stories are just as interesting and exciting for the reader as fictional stories are. True stories are about a real life event that happened, it could be something fun, something scary or something moving that happened to the author.
We want you to write your own true life story with the title "My best day ever". We want you to write a true story about the best day that you have ever had. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Think about what happened on your best day ever and make a note of the key moments, the things you remember most from that day.
- Think about what you did that day - how did you feel, what did you think, what did you see, touch or smell.
- Tell the story out loud and remember the parts you think are most important.
- Write your story and then read it. Imagine you are the reader and you know nothing about your best day ever, does the story explain it in enough detail, can you picture being there.
- Fill in any gaps in your story and read it again.
- Once you are happy with your story why not write it out neatly or use our printable "Best Day Ever" story template below. We have even left a space for you to draw a little illustration of your best day ever. Share it with your family and read them the story of your best day ever!
We would love to hear your story too so why not send us a copy on our Facebook or Instagram Messenger so we can share them online and spread positivity through stories of our best days ever!
Happy writing from all of us at Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre!